So another year has come and gone.
As with every year - some good and some bad.
We all have our own rulers on our lives
and I too tend to keep measure of
my failures and accomplishments.
While it is beneficial to reflect,
it is detrimental to dwell.
I shall not bare my soul on
the events/emotions of 2017
but will do the hopeful thing and
look to the horizon.
Here are the things that I plan to do for myself in 2018.
If any ring true to your vision of this year to come,
please do add to your list.
I share with open heart and soul...
- Be present.
- Consume less.
- Save money - go here Thank you Courtney of Be More With Less.
- Stretch before getting out of bed.
- Drink more water every day - Carlsbad Mineral Water is my local favorite.
- Finish projects lurking in the guest room closet.
- Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan.
- Practice yoga every day.
- Visit Mother Nature - she's lonely.
- Waste less food.
- Take a class: gardening, painting, pottery, cooking, French...something.
- Find the silver lining.
- Take my camera with me everywhere I go and snap away.
- Follow The Four Agreements: Be Impeccable with your Words, Don't take anything Personally, Don't make Assumptions, Always Do Your Best. (These are not as easy as they sound).
- De-clutter and donate. Someone will love it more than you.
- Tighten stomach muscles while waiting at a red light.
- Recognize Grace, the unmerited divine assistance from the universe which is given humans for their regeneration and thank her for her gift.
- Sunday breakfast with an old friend.
- Remember your Good Manners.
- Turn off the news.
- Turn on the music.
- Do something that scares me.
- Stop dropping the f-bomb. It really is unattractive.
- Return to Simple Abundance, A Daybook of Comfort and Joy.
- Mend a fence.
- Build a bridge.
- Soften the edges.
- Win the lottery.
- Lighten up and don't take it all so seriously.
And there it is.
Hope some of these inspire you to start a list or add to one already in progress.
Some seem obvious but are easily forgotten when caught up
in the day to day struggle with life.
And should I succeed with only some these,
life just might not be such a struggle!
Wishing you the sweetest days ahead.